24 December 2014

Quick and Easy Christmas Garland

I whipped up this lovely garland to hang in no time.  You can personalize it with words or names of your own choice too.  I have stitched the words onto the doilies, but this could easily be a No- Sew project by using glue to attach them.  I hung the garland with a red bead trim for added pizzaz!





You will need: 


Red paper doilies 
Pretty ribbon to hang (mine had hearts of course!)
Words printed onto paper, I added a parchment colored background
Teeny, tiny pins
Pinking Shears

   

 












 How to Make It:  

 *  The doilies came in packets of 40 and to add stability,  I used two stuck together for each doiley circle.  
*  Cut out your words using pinking shears, allowing a border around each word for stitching. 
*  Machine stitch to the doiley using red thread.  Pretty, aren't they?


*  Cut your length of ribbon.   Mine was very long, so I spaced the doilies out accordingly.  Refer to photo below.  Pin doilies to ribbon and hang.   

 


Wishing you love, peace and hope this Christmas x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments. Let me know your inspirations, share your thoughts and projects.