1 September 2014

P-inspiration - August

Pinterest is another passion of mine.  It is like having a virtual, giant scrapbook of my favorite pictures and ideas with new ideas at your fingertips. How spoilt are we for tutorials and inspiration.  I thought I would share a few monthly favorite Pinterest picks from my boards.  I hope they inspire you to try something new with a heartfelt theme.  Valentines Day does not have to be the only day for sharing the love!  Feel free to share the love back and show me what you have made!
Constanza Berger inspired by By Pam Garrison
Delicious, de-lovely giant heart with lots of texture and embellishment.  Especially love the beading and little pieces of jewellery.  A wonderful way to use your bits and bobs in one project and then give as a gift to a friend. 

By A  Pinch of Prim


I fell in love with these little ones in paperclay immediately!  Who can resist the striped leggings and heart balloons!

Tutorial from Mummy Hip Mamas 





I am a big fan of using different materials ( how many times do I have to say that?!) , some blossom twigs with lovely glitter hearts.  Make a love themed mantle display with hugs and kisses in glitter too. Try some scrunched up pink tulle on the mantle as a base for this display. 

Confetti Hearts by useyourcolouredpencils.blogspot.com

I saw this and said WOW!  It was made by children in grade 2/3 using tissue paper and an oil pastel heart.  It looks like modern art not children's art.  Gorgeous combination of colors. This would look great in any room. 

from Katy Did
I thought these were tiny greeting cards with a gorgeous felt heart and message on them, however with further research I discovered they are felt bracelets mounted on  a sweet card!  I think they would make lovely place-cards for a wedding using a nice font, a Valentines dinner or as they are.

By Paulette Racanelli on Etsy


 I am thinking birds, bees flowers and trees at the moment with Spring nearly here!  Loved this little blue bird with string of hearts.  Sometimes you just need some cuteness in your life! 

By hoitytoity designs on Etsy 






Made using vintage tin and jewellery.  I love a bit of bling!  I think this would look great out of heavy card stock, foam core board covered with vintage paper or newspaper or even fabric.

I hope you have enjoyed this dose of  heartfelt inspiration.  Don't forget to attribute the designers of these sweet hearts as your inspiration if you make and photograph them for yourself. 

x  Wendy

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I like the greeting cards! Ithink stars and tree for Xmas tags~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Fiona. I'm glad you got some inspiration! x Wendy

      Delete

I would love to hear your comments. Let me know your inspirations, share your thoughts and projects.