30 May 2013

Heartfelt

 
Posted by Picasa
A Christmas parade of heart-felt goodies which are bright, easy to make and hopefully will get us all inspired to create early in the year in readiness for Christmas.  There is nothing I like better than a quick project!  The mini pillows and wall-hanging were stitched freehand in the heat of summer on a very long car trip from Queensland to Victoria coming home after our annual holiday.  After ensuring the children were kept occupied, Mother D.  had to be kept busy too and these are the result!  Little jute hangers allow them to be hung from the tree or a garland. 

" A  reindeer just nose when it's Christmas" is an advent calendar which combines a bit of machine stitching to construct the backing and blanket stitching to attach the felt shapes.  He is from fluffy felt and is complete with a sparkly pom-pom nose.  There is something very tactile about felt and this is even more so with extra pile. 

No it NEVER snows in Australia at Christmas, but I often dream of having a White Christmas - why do I love the snow so much, something from my Scottish and British heritage i think.  Bing Crosby's legendary song and the DVD of the movie is played religiously every Christmas.  "Snuggle up Snow Buddies" was my first felt project and includes a fringed scarf on Mr Snow and a soft snow cap on  Mrs Snow. I will be making more felt wall-hangings soon so stay tuned. 

I have limited numbers of these patterns available, if you would like one please email me for price and shipping costs.  


Copyright:  Heartworkz 2013

1 comment:

I would love to hear your comments. Let me know your inspirations, share your thoughts and projects.