19 April 2013

It's a Small World




I love anything vintage including children's toys, especially those that are handmade.  I think we should preserve such unique items from the past.  In addition, I have a storage issue-yes we live in an old house (70 years) old with lovely high and ornate ceilings, but with little or no in built storage.  I have solved the problem for my fabric fat quarters and also found the perfect doll house to revisit my childhood.  Please note:  I was not deprived of toys as a child!  It came from an antique shop in Chiltern, Victoria.  I love visiting out of the way places and small historical towns, you just never know what you are going to find!  The main street contained a very large and messy, but heavenly antique store.  The house came complete with plastic furniture and looks from the the fifties or sixties.  It sits on top of my craft cupboard next to my other pride and joy, a 1940's clothesline complete with old socks, wooden clothes pegs, mini quilts and a wooden iron and ironing board.  I thought the socks were an essential touch!





The mini quilts are my designs and good fun to make instead of struggling to quilt a larger project sometimes.  Hope you like them!  They are a great way to try out a new technique such as the prairie points on the pineapple one.


More sweet little things.  Miniature wooden ten pins were very expensive-I don't really want to state how much but I just had to have them!  Little pink horse is adorable and stands guard at the front of the house.
Hope you enjoyed a look into my little world!

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments. Let me know your inspirations, share your thoughts and projects.