10 April 2013

Flea Market Fancy

I have been having some minor computer problems of late - is there a "No, you can't go on the internet today" fairy out there?!  For something that is supposed to make life easy, computers can be awfully troublesome hence this late post after a break!



We enjoyed a lovely trip to Mill Markets in Daylesford last weekend which was a great chance to browse to our hearts content at a favorite location, one of the prettiest towns in Victoria.  The market is housed in an old high school building and contains ? a hundred or more stalls of the most interesting and sometimes quirky vintage.  Love the cafe which has a warm wood heater going during winter and lovely mismatched chairs and sofas to relax on and take a load of your feet!  Will I never learn to wear sneakers when shopping for antiques, the sensible shoe area of the brain seems to be lacking sometimes!   Hope you enjoy these lovely pics of the goodies I bought. 

 There truly must be angels somewhere!  These gorgeous two were found in perfect condition I think from the 50's or 60's judging by their hair styles and a bargain for $20.  They are actually candle holders but much too gorgeous to put away until Christmas.  I fell in love with his freckles and her hair!




Found this lovely hand embroidered tablecloth of tiny daisies stitched close together to form the umbrellas.  I couldn't believe I was lucky enough to find this in perfect condition without a mark.  The photos really don't do the daisies justice!



Six twisted stem wine glasses for $20 - another bargain!  Loved the gold trim around the edges, very elegant.  I have been looking for some depression glass green to add to my collection of pink cake plates so this is the start of the collection.  A nice sandwich size for little nibblies or slice. Very Sunday afternoon tea I thought with the umbrella cloth!


A collection of doilies, retro fabric and vintage frames for some new craft projects coming up.  You can never have too many doilies!  Vintage frames are very easy to find, usually very cheap and have some nice trimming or a bit of character (wear)!  The only  draw back is you have to make the project to fit the frame and not the frame to fit the project!


 A very cute cupie doll with the most gorgeous blue eyes and soft body.  I'm not sure if I was drawn to the polka dots and bow or her sweet face of rubber.  I have added her to my collection of antique toys




 Hello, I am the bargain of the century!  
Found amongst some dusty tools and ornaments-I have a great shape, my legs and arms are to die for and I have aged with style!  What more could you want for $160?!  It took some sweat and tears but I happily came home with you in the back seat of the car! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments. Let me know your inspirations, share your thoughts and projects.